>Study this memo from our office and see if you can tell how perfectly Filipino is this welcome:
Reminders for US Cast and Crew – Arrival to Manila and to Bohol Guidelines
1. Upon arrival at the Airport, a representative from the International Press Center (IPC) carrying the sign “BARYO” will meet you before you reach Immigration.
2. We have secured a special work permit for you; this will allow you to stay in the Philippines for 59 days. In the case where Immigration stamps your passport with 21 days, inform Michael, who will meet you outside the airport, so that he can ask IPC to have it changed to 59 days. For this process, you have to leave your passport with Michael when you meet him, this may take a few days to accomplish. He will deliver it to you in Bohol after the changes have been made.
3. IPC will assist everyone with Customs. For Judy, James and Mary, since you are flying in with your equipment, customs will ask you to sign a re-export commitment paper. Sign it. The purpose of this document is to waive the duties and taxes for your equipment. You will show this again to customs when you leave Manila in March.
4. After immigration and customs, the IPC representative will endorse everyone to Michael Cardoz personally. They will not leave you unless you are already with Michael.
5. Michael will assist you to your connecting flight to Tagbilaran, Bohol and will hand out your ticket.
6. As you arrive at the Bohol Airport, after picking up your luggage, make your way out to the parking lot. A driver for the hotel (Olman’s View Resort) will be carrying a sign “ATON PRODUCTION CO.”
7. When you arrive at Olman’s, look for Aileen at the front desk and you will be assisted and shown to your room.
SPECIAL NOTES: Michael will give you an envelope containing the following: 1. Endorsement Letter from the International Press Center. 2. Synopsis of BARYO 3. ID issued by the International Press Center and the Film Development Council 4. Pocket money for terminal fee, meal allowance and a fund for excess baggage. Kindly keep all the receipts for liquidation. Vanessa Ulgado, our coordinator in Bohol will get these receipts when you arrive at Olman’s View Resort. 5. A photocopy of the re-export commitment document (For Judy, Jaime and Mary) REMINDER: Please pack light. Charge for excess baggage are as follows: EXCESS BAGGAGE INFO Excess Baggage rate is PHP100.00 per kilo plus Value Added Tax BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE FOR DOMESTIC FLIGHTS: For the Foreign-Based/US Cast: Business Class is 30 kilos or 66 pounds Regular Economy is 20 kilos or 44 pounds Economy under promo is 15 kilos or 33 pounds *As discussed: Excess baggage for Judy, Jaime and Mary will be shipped on airfreight cargo unless, otherwise advised. BAGGAGE GUIDELINES The usual TSA regulations apply.